October is Adopt-A-Dog Month
What Can An Adopted Dog Bring To Your Life?
• A best friend and confidant for your child?
• A constant companion for your favorite senior citizen
• A fuzzy face to greet you after a hard day at work
• Dogs seriously calm you down in high-stress situations.
• Your pooch could be your cure for loneliness.
• Your dog will force you to be social, for better or for worse.
• They increase our social connections.
• They give us a self-esteem kick.
• They bring order to our lives.
• They make us more active.
• They keep us healthy.
• Pet ownership is linked to a reduction in cardiovascular disease risk factors, such as lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels and a lower likelihood of obesity.
• Cen help you become more caring and compassionate
An adopted dog can be all these things -- and so much more!
“Lafayette Animal Control” or a “Local Rescue Group” is the perfect place to find dogs of every type, size, age and personality -- all waiting for a loving home. Or, if you prefer a particular breed that isn’t currently available at a shelter, go online to find a breed-specific rescue group in need of adopters like you.
If you have adopted, we would love to hear from you. You can submit your adoption success story to email@example.com. Your story and picture will be displayed in the front lobby.