This division is responsible for receiving emergency alarms and dispatching all Fire Department equipment to any type emergency in the City. They also dispatch seven Parish volunteer fire departments.
- Receive and dispatch alarms and send equipment to any type emergency in the City and Parish of Lafayette.
- Maintains Fire Department City maps.
- Maintains back-up systems for City and Parish responses.
- Handles and/or transfers phone call requests for information from the public.
COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION PERSONNEL:
The Communications division is in charge of receiving and dispatching all fire related calls within the City and Parish of Lafayette. This division is comprised of eleven (11) Fire Communication Officers and one (1) Chief of Communications.
- This division handles in excess of 10,000 calls per year for the City and Parish.
- Responsible for the record keeping of all taped calls due to the statue of limitations for legal matters.
- This division maintains both a City and Parish response map.
- All personnel within this division maintain certifications by the Associated Public Safety of Communication Officers (APCO) and Telecommunicator 1 certification thru LSU.