Important Athletic Programs Phone Numbers
- Athletic Programs (Main 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays) – 291-8362
- Frank Wittenberg, Athletic Programs Supervisor – 291-8375
- Terry Godfrey, Recreation Coordinator – 291-8380
- Bill Verret, Recreation Coordinator -- 291-8368
Neighborhood Youth Associations
One of the most important components of the Department’s program is the role of volunteers. These dedicated people recognize that by participating in their community, they help to make it stronger. They understand that even if they do not have a direct connection with a segment of the community (a child, disabled person, etc.), by improving that segment’s quality of life, theirs is improved as well. Without these hundreds of men, women and young adults, the variety of programs offered in Lafayette Parish would be much more limited. These volunteers assist with athletic teams, recreational programs, leisure activities and much more.
The seven Neighborhood Youth Associations (all volunteer-driven) are responsible for all aspects – organization, coordination and financial – of the various youth athletic programs. The rules and regulations of the Associations, while decided upon by the Associations, are approved by both the Parks and Recreation Department and the Recreation Advisory Commission.
2013 Neighborhood Youth Association Annual Meetings:
- Broussard/Youngsville Youth Association (BYYA); Annual meeting , Sunday August 4th , 2013 , 6:00 PM Arceneaux Park
- South West Athletics (SWA); Annual meeting , Sunday August 25th , 2013 , 4:00 PM Judice Park
- Brown Park Athletics (BPA); Annual meeting , Tuesday August 20th ,2013 , 6:00 PM Dupuis Center
- Cajun Sports Association (CSA); Annual meeting , Tuesday August 20th ,2013 , 6:30 PM Comeaux Center
- Carencro Area Youth Sports, Inc. (CAYSI); Annual meeting , Tuesday August 13th ,2013 , 7:00 PM Carencro City Hall
- Scott Area Team Sports (SATS); Annual meeting , Sunday August 4th , 2013 , 1:00 PM Scott Park conference room
- South Lafayette Youth Sports, Inc. (SLYSI); Annual meeting , Sunday August 11th, 2013 , 6:00 PM Robicheaux Center
Clark Field Renovations
A brand new, state of the art, artificial turf has been installed at Clark Field and new field lights. Thanks to the involvement of the Lafayette Area Kiwanis Organizations this project was possible. See images below of the new field:
- Brown Park Athletics (BPA); Crystal Smith, President
- Broussard/Youngsville Youth Association (BYYA); Dawn Durke, President
- Cajun Sports Association (CSA); Chuck Schaub, President
- Carencro Area Youth Sports, Inc. (CAYSI); Susan Whaley, President
- Scott Area Team Sports (SATS); Tony Napolitano, President
- South Lafayette Youth Sports, Inc. (SLYSI); Doug Edney, President
- South West Athletics (SWA); Calyn Citrano, President
- Youth Athletics
- Sports Information
LCG Parks and Recreation Soccer/Youth Athletics Zones Map
Lafayette Youth Soccer Association
The LYSA handles all of the Soccer duties and responsibilities inside Lafayette Parish. They are responsible for the registration, scheduling, planning and financial obligations of this program. Deanna Bostick coordinates all Soccer activities through the LYSA offices in Moore Park. For more information please visit their website: www.lysasoccer.com
The LRPD Tennis program is coordinated by Chris Mayer at the Beaver Park Tennis Center. For more information please contact the Beaver Park Tennis Center at 291-5564.
The LRPD Swimming program is coordinated through Mike Gurzi at the Earl J. Chris Swimming Pool. For more information please contact the Earl J. Chris Swimming Pool at 291-8827 or the Administrative Offices at 291-8362.
2013 WINTER SWIMMING SCHEDULE (January-April)
Please contact Denise Ferguson at 291-8127 for more information on our Therapeutic Recreation activities.