The Reserve Police Officer is a voluntary position of service in the Lafayette Police Department. Reserve Officers wear the same uniforms as the Lafayette Police Department Patrol Officers. All uniforms and equipment are provided to include a firearm and holster. Many Police Reserve Officers go into law enforcement careers. Training is provided by the Lafayette Police Department.
Reserve police duties include:
- General patrol
- Preliminary investigations
- Burglary patrol
- Traffic assignments
- Crowd control
- Fairs and festivals
- Other specialized police duties
- 20 years old or over.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Your physical ability must enable you to perform the duties of a police officer.
- No criminal history.
- Valid driver's license.
- Honorable discharge from military (if applicable).
- Each accepted applicant will go through a screening process consisting of:
- Submit a complete application
- Preliminary polygraph interview
- Polygraph examination
- Physical fitness testing
- Background investigations
- Oral interview
- Psychological examination
- Medical Examination
IF YOU THINK BEING A RESERVE OFFICER IS FOR YOU, PLEASE CALL Detective Norman Maldonado at 337-291-8667 OR Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.