The Streets Division maintains and repairs:
- Approximately 950 miles of asphalt streets
- Approximately 59 miles of concrete streets
- Maintains by grading and applying aggregate to approximately 90 miles of gravel roads
- In addition, it maintains approximately 1400 miles of roadside mowing and monitors the contractual mowing
- Maintains 214 off system bridges (structures spanning more than 20’) and over 200 smaller structures.
- Maintains and repairs over 470 miles of sidewalks.
- Prepares and cleans up for major events such as Mardi Gras, Festival International, Christmas and Martin Luther King Parades, etc.
- Between 3,000 – 3,500 requests for service are made annually for the Streets Division.
Division's Primary Operating Functions:
- Bridge Maintenance/Repairs
- Curb Reconstruction/Repairs
- Grass Cutting
- ROW/ROAD Shoulder Maintenance
- Sidewalk Reconstruction/Repairs
- Street Maintenance (Patching, Potholes, Street Cuts)
- Street Sweeping
- Tree Trimming/Removal
- Unimproved Street Maintenance