Flooded House


220 West Willow Street, Building B
Lafayette LA 70501

Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 337-291-8468 



Elevation Certificate
LCG will require the latest version of the elevation certificate (FEMA FORM 086-0-33), as required by the National Flood Insurance Program W-16040 Bulletin.  Please click on the following link for the 2019 FEMA Elevation Certificate.
Letter of Map Change

Real Estate Agents
Help Protect Your Customer’s New Home provides information you should know about flood risk and flood insurance requirements and what to say to clients. A Real Estate Professional’s Guide to Discussing Flood Insurance is a great resource for flood insurance. 
Some states and local communities have specific disclosure requirements about whether a property is located in a flood zone. Contact your local REALTORS’ association to learn more.
Buildings in Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHAs) must be built to minimize future flood damage. At a minimum, residences must be built so that the lowest floor (including basement) is elevated 1’ foot above the Base Flood Elevation. Make sure your clients know this if they are considering developing land in the SFHA. Also be aware that existing buildings in the SFHA not constructed in accordance with such standards will carry high flood insurance premiums.

Insurance Industry Professionals
Make sure you are including accurate flood hazard zone classifications in all insurance rating and property disclosure forms for commercial and residential properties. FEMA’s Flood Map Service Center website contains the latest flood maps available and includes search options by address.
Get information about upcoming training, answers to common client questions and resources about writing policies, managing claims and marketing your business through FloodSmart’s Agent website.
Significant changes are occurring to the NFIP and flood insurance requirements as a result of recent legislation. Make sure you understand how these changes may impact your clients.

Lending Industry Professionals
You, as a lender, must inform loan applicants of any flood insurance requirements for a property. You should also make sure people are aware of any upcoming changes to flood insurance requirements as a result of map changes underway in the community.
Remember that it is your role as a lender to enforce the federal flood insurance requirement for properties with federally backed loans. Failure to do so will result in penalties including significant fines.
The NFIP offers training for lenders on a variety of topics. To receive advance notice when new training sessions are scheduled, sign up for NFIP Training Updates.
In cases when a lender’s flood zone determination is different from that of an insurance agent, FEMA recommends that the more hazardous flood zone be used for rating, unless the building qualifies for the NFIP Grandfather Rules.