The Senior Center Section consists of two facilities: The Rosehouse and the Senior Art Studio. The goal of the centers is to meet the needs of elderly persons from various social, cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds through the continuous development of a comprehensive program of activities. Membership is open to persons who reside in Lafayette Parish and are 55 years of age and older.
The Art Studio
This art facility held its grand opening on September 21, 1999 at 102 N. Orange Street. The Art Studio provides both classroom and exhibit space for creative expression. Activities include: classes in painting, porcelain art, arts and crafts and a community puzzle table.
Monday-Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This health and wellness facility opened its doors in 1997. Located at 120 Statesman Drive, this Center provides nutritional and health related activities designed to stimulate physical and mental well-being. Activities consist of health talks, an exercise equipment room, chair volleyball, bingo, line dancing and exercise classes.
Monday-Thursday | 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1. What is the age requirement?
- 55 years of age and older
2. Is there a cost for activities; if so, what is the cost?
- There is no cost to attend the centers. Specialty classes will have fees set by the instructors.
3. Are computers available?
- Limited availability at The Rosehouse
4. Will there be any information type classes?
- Not at this time but will be added later
5. Is the medical form required for all activities?
- Only for workout classes and exercise equipment
6. Is the COVID-19 vaccination required?