The Senior Center Section consists of three facilities: The Greenhouse, The Rosehouse, and the Senior Art Studio. The goal of the centers is to meet the needs of elderly persons from various social, cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds through the continuous development of a comprehensive program of activities. Membership is open to persons who reside in Lafayette Parish and are 55 years of age and older. The Centers are open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Located at 110 N.E. Evangeline Thruway, this Center opened in 1976 as Lafayette’s first Senior Center. It's diversified programming provides educational and enrichment opportunities. Activities include: exercise class, bingo, line dancing, computer classes, horticulture class, potlucks, intergenerational activities, safety driver classes and informational luncheons.
This health and wellness facility opened its doors in 1997. Located at 120 Statesman Drive, this Center provides nutritional and health related activities designed to stimulate physical and mental well-being. Activities consist of health talks, an exercise equipment room, chair volleyball, bingo, line dancing and exercise classes.
1. What is the age requirement?
- 55 years of age and older
2. Is there a cost for activities; if so, what is the cost?
- There is no cost to attend the centers. Specialty classes will have fees set by the instructors.
3. Are computers available?
- Limited availability at The Rosehouse
4. Will there be any information type classes?
- Not at this time but will be added later
5. Is the medical form required for all activities?
- Only for workout classes and exercise equipment
6. What is the schedule and hours of operations for each center?
- Schedule included
7. Is the COVID-19 vaccination required?